Sr. Sensor Applications Engineer
Interlink Electronics is seeking an experienced technical sensor solutions expert for the Environmental Sensing Division (ESD). We are engaged in developing world-class gas sensing solutions for a variety of industries and are on an aggressive growth path building on existing strong business foundation.
We are looking for a candidate with a strong technical background and extensive experience working with diverse customers for the Sr. Applications Engineer position. Knowledge of sensor systems is required, and knowledge of gas sensors and specifically electrochemical gas sensors is desirable. The ideal candidate for this position will have strong background in sensor-related hardware and software systems development. Additionally, he/she will have a demonstrable track record of committed customer support work in a fast-paced environment.
- This role requires close technical engagement with existing and potential new customers to support closure of new business opportunities and design wins. Strong attention to detail, excellent communication, and regular interaction with management, engineering and marketing teams will be required. You need to be perceived as a “program owner” by customers and will need to build a trusted advisor relationship with them. Position will require travel from time to time to support key customer programs.
- This individual will be a key part of Interlink ESD’s growth strategy. The position offers multiple attractive avenues for career growth for the right candidate.
- Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide timely and efficient pre & post sales technical support to customers
- Understand customer needs closely. Offer solutions based on IE sensors. Manage overall customer relationship at a technical/engineering level.
- Provide customer hardware/software design-in support and technical trouble-shooting via periodic phone, email and/or face-to-face engagements.
- Develop custom solutions for specific applications or customers as needed, and make them generically usable
- Prepare product training modules and customer presentations as needed
- Create datasheets, write technical articles and application notes
- Develop and document evaluation boards for new and existing sensors, as well as reference designs that ease the path for customers developing their own solutions
- Support ESD’s participation in trade shows and conferences via demo planning and building
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop, test and release products on time and within budget
Qualifications and Experience
- BS Engineering or higher in a technical discipline (preferably in electrical or computer, engineering) or equivalent
- Technical hardware and software experience with sensors and building sensor-based systems is required
- Experience with gas sensor solutions, preferably electrochemical sensors is highly desired
- 5 – 7 years related customer-facing technical experience
- Strong communication skills; demonstrated experience in communicating to all project stakeholders
- Self-motivated creative problem solver with ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Good work ethic and flexible temperament
Salary and Benefits
- Interlink Electronics offers a competitive benefits package
- Location – Newark, CA
- Please include cover letter with your salary expectations
- Some international travel may be required
We invite strong, committed candidates to submit their resumes to email@example.com.
About Interlink ElectronicsInterlink Electronics is a global provider of HMI, sensor, and IoT solutions. Founded in 1985 around its patented Force-Sensing Resistors (FSR®) Interlink Electronics has led the printed electronics industry in its commercialization of the patented Force Sensing Resistor® technology. The company has now broadened its reach into multi-sensing platforms to address the expanding needs for all types of sensors. Our portfolio now includes membrane keypads, overlays, and industrial labels. And now also gas sensors and related instruments. In addition to standard product offerings. Interlink utilizes its expertise in materials science, manufacturing, firmware, and software to produce in-house system solutions for custom applications. Our solutions are focused on handheld user input, menu navigation, cursor control, intuitive human machine interface technology and emerging IoT solutions for the world's top electronics manufacturers. In addition, our gas sensing solutions now address the needs of customers for environmental, air quality (indoor and outdoor) and industrial gas sensing and instrumentation. Used in diverse applications such as consumer electronics, telecommunications, medical, automotive and industrial control our sensors are custom designed to give engineers the flexibility and functionally they seek in today’s sophisticated electronic devices. Interlink Electronics serves a world-class customer base from its locations in Irvine, Camarillo, and Newark California., and additional locations in Singapore, China, and Japan.