Sensor Automated Test Development Engineer
Interlink Electronics is seeking an experienced technical sensor test development expert for the Environmental Sensing Division (ESD). We are engaged in developing world-class gas sensing solutions for a variety of industries and are on an aggressive growth path building on existing strong business foundation.
We are looking for a candidate with a strong technical background in developing automated test solutions, especially for sensor systems for the Test Development Engineer position. Knowledge of testing sensor systems is required, and knowledge of test methodologies of gas sensors, specifically electrochemical gas sensors, is desirable. The ideal candidate for this position will possess a holistic knowledge of automated testing – including strong experience in programming languages and environments, control and communication hardware, and system debug. Additionally, he/she will have a demonstrable track record of creative solution development in a fast-paced environment.
As a Test SW Development Engineer, you will develop innovative automated test systems to support new product testing in both a manufacturing environment as well as R&D. The position requires close cross-functional interaction with manufacturing engineers, new product development engineers and with customers’ engineering groups as needed, to define test system requirements, then plan, execute and own the implementation.
This individual will be a key part of Interlink ESD’s growth strategy. The position offers multiple attractive avenues for career growth for the right candidate.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Specify and implement new and innovative automated testing solutions for gas sensor systems to satisfy customer and internal development requirements
- Learn, maintain, and improve existing hardware and LabVIEW applications and automation workflows
- Work cross-functionally with manufacturing engineers, new product development engineers and research engineers to define test system requirements, implement them and release on-time and within budget
- Implement and maintain gas delivery system hardware instrumentation and automation, including valve controllers, mass flow controllers, reference monitors, area safety alarms, and other sensor and control hardware
- Create system documentation including software architecture map, BOM (bill of materials), and operational instructions
- Analyze and manage project risks including cost, schedule, procurement, design, and safety.
- Prepare status reports regarding current projects, ensuring no surprises
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical, Computer, or Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Understanding of the fundamentals of control system architecture.
- Strong programming experience with LabVIEW, Python, C/C++.
- Experience with instrumentation communication and control & data acquisition
- Ability and willingness to set up and maintain physical test equipment.
- Working knowledge of databases
- Ability and willingness to acquire an understanding of, and support existing LabVIEW applications.
- Experience with sensors and/or sensor instrumentation is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to develop end-to-end solutions for complex automation and data acquisition challenges.
- Quickly learn new technologies
- Ability to communicate effectively with all project stakeholders.
- Excellent project & time management skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
Salary and Benefits
Interlink Electronics offers a competitive benefits package
Location – Newark, CA
Please include cover letter with your salary expectations
Some international travel may be required
We invite strong, committed candidates to submit their resumes to email@example.com.
About Interlink Electronics
Interlink Electronics is a global provider of HMI, sensor, and IoT solutions. Founded in 1985 around its patented Force-Sensing Resistors (FSR®) Interlink Electronics has led the printed electronics industry in its commercialization of the patented Force Sensing Resistor® technology. The company has now broadened its reach into multi-sensing platforms to address the expanding needs for all types of sensors. Our portfolio now includes membrane keypads, overlays, and industrial labels. And now also gas sensors and related instruments. In addition to standard product offerings. Interlink utilizes its expertise in materials science, manufacturing, firmware, and software to produce in-house system solutions for custom applications. Our solutions are focused on handheld user input, menu navigation, cursor control, intuitive human machine interface technology and emerging IoT solutions for the world's top electronics manufacturers. In addition, our gas sensing solutions now address the needs of customers for environmental, air quality (indoor and outdoor) and industrial gas sensing and instrumentation. Used in diverse applications such as consumer electronics, telecommunications, medical, automotive and industrial control our sensors are custom designed to give engineers the flexibility and functionally they seek in today’s sophisticated electronic devices. Interlink Electronics serves a world-class customer base from its locations in Irvine, Camarillo, and Newark California., and additional locations in Singapore, China, and Japan.